Cataracts are the most common cause of vision loss in individuals over the age of 40 and more than half of all Americans will develop a cataract by the time they reach 80 years of age.
A cataract is the clouding of the eye’s natural lens and as it progresses, you might start to notice these symptoms:
- Your vision becomes blurry or cloudy, like looking through fogged glass.
- Everyday tasks become difficult, such as reading, driving (especially at night), or seeing facial expressions.
- Develop a sensitivity to light and glare.
- Start seeing “halos” around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription.
If you are noticing any of these symptoms then cataract surgery may be your best option!
Thanks to advances in technology, Sweeney Eye Associates can provide cataract surgery that is safer and more precise than ever, offering better outcomes and shorter recover times than cataract surgery in the past.